Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Healing Sessions


  I listen to the sound of the train whistle in the distance and my heart is full of joy. There was a time in my youth when I was an errant vagabond, when at that sound I would shiver in loneliness. I was young vibrant tall strong and empty lonely in my soul and in my heart. The world was at my command and my oyster and I was empty.
   These days, perhaps because of my age, to use a worn out analogy, my cup runneth over. I listen to the sound of the trains off in the distance pulling the cars full of coal through the yards of the Grand Junction Terminal and I find happiness. Happiness in home, my life, my writing, my place in it and my direction. It is funny how the years have changed my perception in the same sound. I quietly close the door to our massage room and look forward to the healing session about to occur.

"Lavender," Marillion

No comments:

Post a Comment